Several helpful resources exist for victims of mass violence and those who suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Always feel free to connect with us on Facebook: The Rebels Project (To protect our members you will need to request access before you can post)
- Dr. Carolyn Lunsford Mears is the mother of a Columbine alumni student and a published author. Her book, Reclaiming School in the Aftermath of Trauma: Advice Based on Experience, is an excellent resource for anyone who struggles with anxiety and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The book can be purchased at:
- The National Center for PTSD offers videos, current research, and several other educational resources. Website: www.ptsd.va.gov
- The Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance (COVA) is an organization that provides resources to victims of violence in the aftermath of a tragedy. Their website offers a wealth of information: www.coloradocrimevictims.org/
- Columbine High School has become a source of support for many who have gone through traumatic events. The staff at the school is always willing to provide resources and they can be contacted via their website: Columbine High School Contact
- Tuck Sleep Foundation is a community devoted to improving sleep hygiene, health and wellness through the creation and dissemination of comprehensive , unbiased, free web-based resources. Tuck has been featured on NPR, Lifehacker, Radiolab and is referenced by many colleges/universities and sleep organizations across the web. Website: https://www.tuck.com/trauma-and-sleep/#what_is_trauma_